We will be rehearsing in Jacksonville for the rest of October.
On November 5th and 12th, we will meet at the Trumansburg Methodist Church.
On the 19th- Back to Jacksonville Methodist, and then we’ll be in the First Presbyterian Church, across from the library starting on the 26th until the end of the Fall Session.
Wednesday, December 12- Dress Rehearsal 6:30-9:00
Concert: Friday, December 14, concert starts at 7:30 chorus will be called at 6:30
Monday, December 17, Performance at Brookdale 6:30
Concert dress will be all black, with a splash of color either with ties or scarves.
Please mark your calendars.
If you want to print copies of the Spring Concert poster, or share it electronically (e-mail, social media, etc.), here it is in PDF form:
Spring 2018 poster
As we get things rolling, we have lots of information to share and/or review. Please take a moment to read though this, I’ll keep it as short as I can:
- First, please take a moment right now to read through the membership guidelines, even if you are a returning member: https://tburgchorus.com/membership/membership-guidelines/
- I’ll highlight the admonition to not park along the road that goes between the church and the small building on the other side. Park in the lot next to that small building, or along 96. Also, it is very important that you refrain from using perfumes or scented products, including hand creams. We’ve got folks who experience respiratory reactions to these products, and breathing is an essential part of making music (also an essential part of staying alive and healthy).
- The audio recording of our Winter concert is now up on the web page, here: https://tburgchorus.com/2018/01/30/concert-winter-2017/
- If you haven’t paid your dues yet, or are in “trial” mode, we ask that you do so by the third week.
- Please take the time, if you haven’t already, to number the measures in your music, and mark the dynamics with the red and blue pencils, as Alice asked us to last week. (It’s a great time to review the music while you’re at it!)
- We do need some folks, on an ongoing basis, to come a little early and stay a little late each time to help set up the room for rehearsal, and then put it back the way it was afterwards. It doesn’t have to be everyone every time, but if each of us makes a point of pitching in some of the time, it’ll all go quickly and not be a burden.
- The Chamber Singers is a small group of singers who prepare a couple of extra pieces in a small ensemble. Participation is by audition, and requires a willingness to work on extra music on your own time and to come to rehearsal early (6:15) each week on a regular basis. If you are interested, please come at 6:30 on Monday to audition.
- Since we are back in the grip of Old Man Winter, I’ll mention our inclement weather policy. Generally, if we’re going to cancel a rehearsal we will attempt to do so no later than 6:00 PM. We’ll post to Facebook and also send out e-mail. If the weather is dicey, check those places before you leave the house.